Exceptionally focused, organized, hard-working, detail-oriented and dependable. An easy communicator with an uncompromising work ethic. Highly motivated, always intellectually curious and a life-long learner.
There are designers that make it look pretty, coders that make it work, but for a lasting success, you need the two working together. This is exactly what you get when you hire me, you get both sides of the coin. I code. I design. I solve Problems.
(August 1, 2020) For the past year, I was the Accessibility Lead at the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
Before I joined, LSAC had non-existent Accessibility (A11y) guidelines, procedures or knowledge. I changed that…
- Manager role: coaching and supporting team members and provided direction and leadership.
- Influential in establishing the Accessibility Department.
- Coordinated with the Legal department to provide a budget for the Accessibility department for the 2021 FY.
- Go-to Resource for Accessibility across the organization.
- Created Accessibility Policies and Guidelines and communicated across the organization.
- Advised all boundaries on Accessibility matters in a proactive and reactive approach.
- Coordinated and consulted with External vendors.
- Integral Part of the Hiring process for new team members for expertise on Accessibility.
- Created a new 7-page Accessibility reference section and integrated it in the LSAC portal.
- Wrote 3 Accessibility Checklists to be used across the organization. Checklists are used as self-contained compliance checks. Checklists are for PDF, MS Word and Digital Web Products.
- Conducted company wide training courses on document Accessibility (MS Word & Adobe Acrobat). Each course spans 2 full-days and is extensive in presentation materials, references and practical examples.
- Integrated Siteimprove tool for continuous monitoring of websites. Generated custom reports on Accessibility and Quality.
- Created custom VPAT specific for LSAC based on WCAG 2.1 Level AA Conformance. Meant to assist LSAC employees and external vendors in developing or procuring accessible digital products.
- Wrote the Accessibility Vision and Action plan with the aim to build a culture of Accessibility awareness across the organization.
- Converted countless documents (Excel, MS Word, PDF and PowerPoint) into an accessible format for Online publishing. Supported all departments with document Accessibility issues.
- Created company wide guidelines for “Accessibility Integration and Review Process”: for Electronic Documents; for Websites, Web pages, Web Applications, Web forms; for Procurement of Digital Assets; for monitoring and handling emails submitted online.
- Created a detailed Accessibility remediation plan for the thousands of existing PDF, Excel and Word files posted online.
Prior to Law School Admission Council and for 1 year, I was the Drupal Technical Lead and Solutions Architect at a small company, IT Trailblazers, working mainly with Pfizer. As part of my role, I provided Enterprise level Drupal solutions and Architecture for large-scale Drupal projects. Guided technical discussions with clients, both technical and non-technical. Involved in pre-sales discussions for new projects. Developed customized technical presentations to High Level Executives. Focused on the web industry’s best practices and authored company wide web standards for QA, SEO, Accessibility, best practices, web development and web performance.
Prior to IT Trailblazers and for 2 years, I was the Senior Web Developer at Campbell Soup Company, responsible for all aspects of front-end and back-end development of Campbell’s public facing websites and API’s. Also I managed third party providers and contractors and ensuring for their adherence to Campbell’s web development standards and processes. I also supported Campbell’s digital marketing efforts for the successful achievement of intended business outcomes. I developed Campbell’s web development standards and processes and integrated Accessibility standards into Campbell’s online presence.
As part of my responsibilities at Campbell’s, I enforced accessibility standards for new websites, mitigated accessibility violations on existing public facing websites and trained co-workers and vendors on the relevant accessibility standards and authored technical standards documentation and procedures. I am thoroughly familiar with the use of assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, screen magnification, read aloud tools and eye-gaze tracking. In addition, I am personally committed to digital accessibility since a family member depends on such assistive technology.
Prior to Campbell Soup Company, I was the IT Application/Web Developer for the Office of Creative Services department at Rutgers University, responsible for programming and maintaining the department’s multi-site Drupal Content Management System (60+ Websites). Collaborated with and provided technical support to peers and other staff members and project managers. Fixed technical issues and integrated new features as they arise through the department’s Web Support ticketing system.
Prior to Rutgers University, I was the Web Developer and Web Designer for the Princeton Neuroscience Institute and for the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics. Both of these websites were designed and developed by me at that time.
At Princeton University, I was the solo-developer wearing multiple hats: Web Programmer, Web designer, Content Editor, User-Friendly Website Architect, SEO, Web Accessibility Specialist, and Web performance optimizer. I consider myself to be intellectually very curious and a “life-long” learner.
Prior to Princeton University, I was the Website Developer and Designer for few months for Creative Marketing Alliance, where I developed interactive creative online products including website maintenance and enhancements and custom coding.
Prior to Creative Marketing Alliance, I was a freelance WordPress Developer, Web developer, Web designer and Software Engineer running my Web development company, Blue Olive Online. I specialized in building WordPress Websites and other-type of Websites with functionality. My Websites are creative and built on solid technological foundations and compliance considerations. I develop Websites with great aesthetics and pure simplicity. A successful website attracts its users to further explore it. I also did custom WordPress coding.